One week workshop with Petri & Wambui 21-27 Dec. 2013 at Baan Amorn Ashtanga Bangkok
* Every morning 7 classes: traditional Mysore practice at 6.00-9.00AM (space is limited) Additional class on Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd start at 13.00
* Saturday: "Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga in Sri K. Pattabhi Jois' tradition. " Talk about Ashtanga and Vinyasa / Q & A. * Sunday: Asana technique & Q and A. * Special offered courses: Energy Healing with Petri from 16.00-19.00hrs (after afternoon workshop): 6,000THB for 6 hours (3hours / day). More details about Energy healing please kindly go below!
* Price for the whole workshop (7 classes of Mysore and 2 additional classes on the weekend = 9 classes): 7,000THB
* Single class: 1,500THB per class for afternoon classes on Saturday & Sunday and 850THB for Mysore drop-in
For reservation or more information please contact me at: email@example.com / +66 8 18466873 or www.baan-amorn.com
Petri Räisänen (born August 13, 1967) is internationally known and respected Ashtanga Yoga teacher. Petri started practicing Ashtanga Yoga in 1988 and teaching in 1990. He is a devoted student of his Guru, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, and was authorized to teach Astanga Yoga in 2001 by Guruji. Petri is careful to pass on his Guru's exact teachings.
Petri started practicing Ashtanga yoga in 1988 and teaching in 1990. Petri is co-owner and director of Ashtanga Yoga Helsinki, one of the world's largest Astanga Yoga Shalas, which he founded with his friend and colleague, Juva Javanainen, in 1997. Sri K Pattabhi Jois blessed the school to teach the traditional Astanga Yoga method.
In his yogic path Petri has studied with many respected Astanga Yoga teachers such as Derek Ireland (his first certified teacher), Radha Warrel, Gwendoline Hunt, Lino Miele and Eddie Stern, in addition to R. Sharath Jois and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
Petri focuses on integrating healing and therapy with yoga, meeting student's individual needs and guiding their progress. Petri's yoga pose adjustments are gentle, effective, therapeutic and, according to some, almost magical, and originate (besides his own practice and teaching) from his past work as a traditional Finnish folk healer and naturopath. His friendly, relaxed behaviour and intuivite perception. More about Petri please go to:www.petriraisanen.com
Wambui Njuguna (November 29th, 1980) was born in Kenya and moved to the United States in 1991. She discovered the therapeutic benefits of Hatha Yoga in 1995 while studying modern dance at the North Carolina School of the Arts, and continued to practice yoga throughout college and graduate school, to complement the various forms of dance and martial arts she was involved in, such as capoeira, samba and Afro-Brazilian dance.
Wambui was introduced to Ashtanga Yoga in 2008 while working as an English language instructor in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. She credits her first teachers, Jeff and Harmony Lichty (Ashtanga Yoga Victoria) for starting her off on the spiritual path.
Wambui moved to Helsinki in 2009 and has been assisting Petri since then, both in Finland and internationally. She started teaching at the Ashtanga Yoga School of Helsinki in 2011 and is the editor for Petri's primary series book ( April 2013, Yoga Words, London). She continues to assist Petri, both in Finland and internationally, following closely in the direct method of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois.
Energy Healing Workshop with Petri Räisänen
The energy healing workshop is suitable for anyone who takes an interest in how the body, mind and energy function together. The technique is based on sensing and locating where the flow of energy is blocked on the energetic level of the body. We then work on releasing these blocks, using the most natural tools, our mind, senses and energy itself.
In this workshop, we will practice several energy healing techniques that Petri has studied and learned from Finnish master healers, Pentti Penttilä, Pentti Mäkelä and Raimo Holtti in Kaustinen, Finland since 1986. The technique comes from an ancient Finnish healing tradition called "Jäsenkorjaus" which means "Bone Setting" (similar to Osteopathy) but it also includes other techniques like herbal healing and cupping. From 1991-1998 Petri worked, in addition to teaching yoga, as a folk healer and naturopath and ran a natural treatment business in Helsinki, Finland.
Students don’t need any previous energy healing experience or special skills to join in the workshop.
Some of the subjects in the Energy Healing Workshop will include :
- How to sense prana (energy) and the energy body - How to recognize the energy blocks in the energy body - How to channel prana to support the healing process - How to give long and short-distance energy healing - How to combine energy healing techniques with asana adjustments